Auto accident injuries can have long-term consequences for car accident victims. Without proper auto accident injury treatment in Plano, many people will suffer from permanent damage and long-term chronic pain. As your chiropractor in Plano, we treat auto accident injury victims to help them recover from their injuries and manage their pain.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
People involved in car accidents can suffer from a variety of injuries, including:
- Seat belt injuries. This occurs when the seat belt pulls against the body and causes bruises, muscle strains and other problems.
- Concussion. A concussion is a type of head injury that can cause blurry vision, nausea, headache and vomiting.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc occurs when the spongy disc between the vertebrae in the back erupts from the tough casing that encloses it. Symptoms of herniated disc include tingling, numbness and pain in the back and extremities.
- Knee pain. Knee pain occurs when the car accident victim hits the inside of the car with his or her knees.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the neck muscles and ligaments develop tiny tears. Whiplash causes back pain, neck pain and a variety of other symptoms.
Some Injuries May Not Present Symptoms Right Away
Many car accident injuries are not obvious in the hours or days immediately following an accident. For example, whiplash may not show symptoms for several days after the accident occurs, and during that time, some patients may exacerbate their injuries. Concussions also take time for symptom to show. For this reason, patients are encouraged to see a chiropractor after an accident occurs, even if they believe they have not been injured.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic care is completely natural and involves no addictive medications, no invasive surgeries and no drawn-out recovery periods. Chiropractic care can be administered alongside other forms of treatment. Treatment regimens can be administered even while the patient engages in normal, everyday behaviors. As a result, chiropractic care is safe for people of all ages.
Techniques Used to Treat Auto Accident Injuries In Plano
As your auto accident chiropractor in Plano, we use the following techniques to help patients overcome their injuries:
- Spinal adjustment. This technique is used to reduce pressure on the spinal cord and can also help improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Spinal adjustment helps patients maintain better health and improved mobility after an accident occurs.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises help to improve patient mobility and reduce patient pain during the recovery period. Patients can do stretches and exercises anywhere, which means that they can even work on their recovery in their own homes.
- Lifestyle advice. Sometimes patients can exacerbate their own pain by engaging in habits that are hard on the body. Your chiropractor can help you avoid this kind of damage by making small lifestyle changes.
Contact Your Plano Chiropractor for Auto Accident Treatment
As your chiropractor in Plano, we’re your source for auto accident treatment. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, it’s important to see a Plano chiropractor right away. Some symptoms can take days or weeks to manifest, and in that time more injuries can develop. Contact your chiropractor at 972-608-4411.