Avoid Golf Injuries with Help from Our Plano Chiropractor Team at Willow Bend Chiropractic
It doesn't matter how experienced you are on the fairway; a golf injury can befall players of every age and ability level. At Willow Bend Chiropractic, we're committed to helping you protect your health so you won't have to give up the activity you love.
Common Types of Golf Injuries
Golf injuries may be mild and only noticeable on the course, or they can be more serious and affect other areas of your life. Common ones we see at our chiropractic clinic in Plano, TX, include:
- Golfer's elbow: there's a reason this injury is named after the sport! Clinically known as medial epicondylitis, golfer's elbow is a very common complaint among professional and leisure players. It leads to pain on the inside of the elbow.
- Back pain: any area of the spine can be affected during golf. Injury to the back often leaves you feeling stiff and sore. Remember, it's not just the swing! Repeatedly bending down to pick up your golf ball can strain your back if you're not careful.
- Rotator cuff tear: The many stabilizing muscles around your shoulder joint can become strained, pinched, or torn as a result of golf.
Other common types of golf injuries include wrist and hand pain, knee pain, and even foot pain such as plantar fasciitis. Almost all of these injuries arise due to repetitive injury and overuse. Swinging and twisting over and over again, especially with poor form or improper conditioning, can cause microscopic damage to tissues in these sensitive areas, leading to pain, swelling, and stiffness.
How Our Plano Chiropractor Can Help You Heal from a Golf Injury
Did you know that during a typical swing of the golf club, a compressive force of up to 10 times your bodyweight is imposed on your spine? While this may be surprising, it is possible to protect your spine and the rest of your body during this popular pastime. Here's how our Plano chiropractor team, led by Dr. James Heptig and Dr. Neal Son, can help:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Posture assessment and body mechanics training
- Corrective exercises to improve joint mobility and core strength
- Cold laser therapy
- Spinal decompression therapy
These and other techniques can naturally alleviate your pain, swelling, and inflammation, while helping you heal more quickly and maximizing your conditioning.
Ready, Set, Golf!
Let's face it. Golf can be frustrating enough as it is, even without an injury! If you're hoping to heal up quickly from your golf injury, connect with our Plano chiropractor by calling Willow Bend Chiropractic at 972-608-4411 today.