Offering Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Arthritis is a common and chronic problem affecting millions of Americans of all ages. However, it's possible to live a full and active lifestyle with this disorder. Our wellness team here in Plano are proud to offer chiropractic care for arthritis that can get you feeling better without an over-reliance on medications or surgery.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a group of conditions that cause joint pain and inflammation. There are actually over 100 different types of arthritis, but osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are probably the most well-known. You're more likely to develop arthritis if you have a family history of it or if you have a history of physical trauma to one or several joints.
What Are the Causes & Symptoms Arthritis?
What's causing your arthritis depends on the type you have. Some causes include:
- Long-term consequences of joint injury or "wear and tear", leading to scar tissue and joint breakdown (e.g., osteoarthritis)
- Autoimmune dysfunction (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis or lupus)
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors (e.g., a history of infections)
As with the cause, symptoms of arthritis also depend on the specific type of the condition you have. However, there are a few general symptoms that many people experience:
- Joint pain (aka arthralgia)
- Joint stiffness
- Joint swelling and redness
- Audible creaks, clicks, and grinding in the joint
- Joint pain that is worse in the morning
One, a few, or several joints can be affected with arthritis, and virtually any joint in the body can be impacted. We provide chiropractic care for arthritis most commonly in the spine, shoulders, wrists, knees, and ankles.
How Can a Chiropractor in Plano Help Relieve Joint Pain Caused by Arthritis?
One of the most effective ways to reduce joint pain and other symptoms associated with arthritis is to minimize inflammation, maximize joint alignment, and facilitate normal joint movement (also called arthrokinematics). As a chiropractor in Plano, both Dr. Son and Dr. Heptig offer several therapeutic techniques that can help achieve these treatment objectives, without forcing you to become reliant on only pain-relieving drugs for relief.
Specific treatments we offer for arthritis management include:
- Spinal decompression therapy and joint mobilizations to promote improved joint movement and alignment
- Massage therapy to promote circulation and relax associated muscles
- Corrective exercises to promote stability around the joint
- Nutritional counseling to improve the health of your joints from the inside out
Has Your Life Been Impacted by Joint Pain? Call to Meet with Our Plano Chiropractor Team Today
If you're looking for arthritis pain relief that's natural and drug-free, then call Willow Bend Chiropractic today at 972-608-4411 to schedule an appointment with a Plano chiropractor.